I founded AskPetersen.com with several goals in mind: to help students solve academic troubles, and to deliver experience-based practices, so students are able to adapt them in learning and improve their study-life balance. It’s time to check if I made any progress with that, so I invite all readers of my website to take part in a challenging 2nd essay writing contest. It will be fun!
You’ll get a chance to get your essay published and earn a valuable prize that will motivate you to become an even better writer. Freedom of speech is the main motto of this contest, so you can express any opinions related to the topic you choose!
Let’s start with the most important thing: the best three participants will receive awesome prizes, publishing their essays on AskPetersen blog in essay writing examples and a certificate! I will publish other best essays as well.
- the First Place: $1000
- the Second Place: $700
- the Third Place: $500
Follow These Guidelines to Participate!
Okay, it’s time to get into details. Pay attention to these guidelines and you’ll be on your way to entering the contest!
I picked some interesting topics that will awaken your critical thinking mode. Each participant can choose only one of these topics and provide only one submission. Please, don’t alternate the title you choose!
- Cause and Effect Essay: The Connection Between Bullying and Social Anxiety Disorder
- Cause and Effect Essay: How Leadership Skills Are Affected by Social Anxiety Disorder
- Cause and Effect Essay: The Causes of Poverty and Its Effects on Society
- Cause and Effect Essay: The Causes of Homelessness and Its Effect on Society
- Cause and Effect Essay: Government Decisions as Causes of Homelessness
- Cause and Effect Essay: Lung Cancer Causes and Effects on the Patient’s Life
- Analysis Essay: The Style and Form in The Catcher in the Rye
- Analysis Essay: How Salinger Affected Society through The Catcher in the Rye
- Analysis Essay: How Shakespeare Portrayed Roman History through His Play Julius Caesar
- Narrative Essay: My First Leadership Experience
- Narrative Essay: Qualities We Gain through a Leadership Experience
- Narrative Essay: How I Find Strength for Overcoming Obstacles
- Narrative Essay: How Overcoming Obstacles Helped Me Form My Character
- Narrative Essay: How I Envision My Future Career
- Narrative Essay: How My Career Is Going to Make Society Better
- Reflective Essay: How I Chose My Dream Job
- Reflective Essay: Experiences That Helped Me Find My Dream Job
- Reflective Essay: Leaders and Other People Who Motivate Me
- Reflective Essay: Why Is It Important to Have People Who Motivate Me In My Life?
- Argumentative Essay: Is Fast Food Necessary for a Fast Life?
- Argumentative Essay: Fast Food as the Main Culprit for Obesity
- Argumentative Essay: How Beauty Pageants Are Bad for Both Kids and Grownups
- Argumentative Essay: Beauty Pageants Are Bad for the Global Perception of Beauty
- Reflective Essay: How Music Affects Us and Our Lifestyle
- Reflective Essay: How Music Affects Us When We’re Depressed
- Reflective Essay: What Is Happiness in My Own Perception?
- Descriptive Essay: About Family and Its Importance in Society
- Narrative Essay: Things I Would Stop If I Could Go Back in Time
- Narrative Essay: A Place I Would See If I Could Go Back in Time
- Argumentative Essay: A Best Friend Essay: Things I Need to Say to My Best Friend
- Argumentative Essay: Why We All Need Best Friends
- Argumentative Essay: In Modern Education, Should Boys and Girls Be in Separate Classes?
- Argumentative Essay: Why Should Students Be Allowed to Use Cellphones in School?
- Argumentative Essay: Orwell’s Vision of 1984 Nowadays
- Argumentative Essay: How We’re Living in Orwell’s 1984 Nowadays
- Argumentative Essay: The Connection Between Creation and Evolution
- Argumentative Essay: Is There a Way for Creation and Evolution Theories to Meet on Common Ground?
- Descriptive Essay: My Favorite Place on Earth
- Descriptive Essay: What My Favorite Place Looks and Feels Like
The essays should be 700-1000 words long.
Please, write your essay in English. The contest is open to participants from all countries, but the papers should be written in English. Good grammar does matter!
Your paper must be free of plagiarism. All entries will be checked for uniqueness with a robust plagiarism detection engine. If any signs of plagiarism are revealed, your submission will be disqualified from the contest and all that effort will go to vain.
Make sure to include a list of references for all sources you used to support your arguments!
Essay Submission Dates
An essay wouldn’t be an essay without a deadline, right? Don’t worry; you have loads of time to work on your entry. I will accept submissions from February 6, 2017 till April 30, 2017.
The results will be announced at AskPetersen.com, and the winners will be notified via email.
Who Can Participate?
Everyone! If you think you can write a great essay on any of the topics provided for this contest, feel free to submit an entry! This contest is international and it’s not limited by age.
How to Enter The Contest?
Write your essay and send it as an attached document via contact form below. The subject line of your message should be “AskPetersen Scholarship: YOUR TOPIC” (you name your chosen topic). Please, write your name in the body of this message.
Now you must be wondering: “who will judge this contest?”. Julie Petersen, yours truly, will evaluate the essays, choose the winners, and publish the papers on the AskPetersen blog. I have a solid base of experience in writing and reading essays, as well as in teaching writing classes and working as a private tutor.
By entering AskPetersen essay writing contest you automatically accept the terms and conditions of participation stated on this page and agree to judge’s final decision.
The winners of the 1th AskPetersen Scholarship:
The first place: Annie R. Remington, United States, “Are we too dependent on computers“
The second place: Flynn Honey, Australia, “Where do you see yourself in 10 years“
The third place: Haitam Brekelmans, Netherlands, “To what writer would you award a prize“
Can you write a brilliant essay that will impress me? I’m sure you can!
Go through the guidelines once again and feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I can’t wait to see what you have to offer. Don’t forget about the deadline and good luck to you all!