We’re Excited to Announce the Winners of The Second Essay Writing Contest!
First of all, I’d like to thank all of the participants. It was a tough decision, as all of the essays we received were brilliant, in-depth and creative. Thank you all for your time and effort, and congrats to the winners!
The winners of the Second Essay Writing Contest:
The First Place: Amy Dowset, United States, “Why We All Need Best Friends”*;
The Second Place: Felix J. Jepsen, Denmark, “How We’re Living in Orwell’s 1984 Nowadays”*;
The Third Place: Stefania Tomaszewska, Poland, “Things I Would Stop If I Could Go Back In Time”*.
*We will get in touch with the winners within a week in order to credit the prizes to the winners’ accounts
All of the contestants may receive the Certificates of Participation. Please, contact me directly to get your certificate. And don’t worry if you didn’t get the first prize this time, we try to provide scholarships as often as possible. Just keep trying because the doors open to those who knock!
I founded AskPetersen.com with several goals in mind: to help students solve academic troubles, and to deliver experience-based practices, so students are able to adapt them in learning and improve their study-life balance. It’s time to check if I made any progress with that, so I invite all readers of my website to take part in a challenging 2nd essay writing contest. It will be fun!
You’ll get a chance to get your essay published and earn a valuable prize that will motivate you to become an even better writer. Freedom of speech is the main motto of this contest, so you can express any opinions related to the topic you choose!
Let’s start with the most important thing: the best three participants will receive awesome prizes, publishing their essays on AskPetersen blog in essay writing examples and a certificate! I will publish other best essays as well.
- the First Place: $1000
- the Second Place: $700
- the Third Place: $500
Follow These Guidelines to Participate!
Okay, it’s time to get into details. Pay attention to these guidelines and you’ll be on your way to entering the contest!
I picked some interesting topics that will awaken your critical thinking mode. Each participant can choose only one of these topics and provide only one submission. Please, don’t alternate the title you choose!
- Cause and Effect Essay: The Connection Between Bullying and Social Anxiety Disorder
- Cause and Effect Essay: How Leadership Skills Are Affected by Social Anxiety Disorder
- Cause and Effect Essay: The Causes of Poverty and Its Effects on Society
- Cause and Effect Essay: The Causes of Homelessness and Its Effect on Society
- Cause and Effect Essay: Government Decisions as Causes of Homelessness
- Cause and Effect Essay: Lung Cancer Causes and Effects on the Patient’s Life
- Analysis Essay: The Style and Form in The Catcher in the Rye
- Analysis Essay: How Salinger Affected Society through The Catcher in the Rye
- Analysis Essay: How Shakespeare Portrayed Roman History through His Play Julius Caesar
- Narrative Essay: My First Leadership Experience
- Narrative Essay: Qualities We Gain through a Leadership Experience
- Narrative Essay: How I Find Strength for Overcoming Obstacles
- Narrative Essay: How Overcoming Obstacles Helped Me Form My Character
- Narrative Essay: How I Envision My Future Career
- Narrative Essay: How My Career Is Going to Make Society Better
- Reflective Essay: How I Chose My Dream Job
- Reflective Essay: Experiences That Helped Me Find My Dream Job
- Reflective Essay: Leaders and Other People Who Motivate Me
- Reflective Essay: Why Is It Important to Have People Who Motivate Me In My Life?
- Argumentative Essay: Is Fast Food Necessary for a Fast Life?
- Argumentative Essay: Fast Food as the Main Culprit for Obesity
- Argumentative Essay: How Beauty Pageants Are Bad for Both Kids and Grownups
- Argumentative Essay: Beauty Pageants Are Bad for the Global Perception of Beauty
- Reflective Essay: How Music Affects Us and Our Lifestyle
- Reflective Essay: How Music Affects Us When We’re Depressed
- Reflective Essay: What Is Happiness in My Own Perception?
- Descriptive Essay: About Family and Its Importance in Society
- Narrative Essay: Things I Would Stop If I Could Go Back in Time
- Narrative Essay: A Place I Would See If I Could Go Back in Time
- Argumentative Essay: A Best Friend Essay: Things I Need to Say to My Best Friend
- Argumentative Essay: Why We All Need Best Friends
- Argumentative Essay: In Modern Education, Should Boys and Girls Be in Separate Classes?
- Argumentative Essay: Why Should Students Be Allowed to Use Cellphones in School?
- Argumentative Essay: Orwell’s Vision of 1984 Nowadays
- Argumentative Essay: How We’re Living in Orwell’s 1984 Nowadays
- Argumentative Essay: The Connection Between Creation and Evolution
- Argumentative Essay: Is There a Way for Creation and Evolution Theories to Meet on Common Ground?
- Descriptive Essay: My Favorite Place on Earth
- Descriptive Essay: What My Favorite Place Looks and Feels Like
The essays should be 700-1000 words long.
Please, write your essay in English. The contest is open to participants from all countries, but the papers should be written in English. Good grammar does matter!
Your paper must be free of plagiarism. All entries will be checked for uniqueness with a robust plagiarism detection engine. If any signs of plagiarism are revealed, your submission will be disqualified from the contest and all that effort will go to vain.
Make sure to include a list of references for all sources you used to support your arguments!
Essay Submission Dates
An essay wouldn’t be an essay without a deadline, right? Don’t worry; you have loads of time to work on your entry. I will accept submissions from February 6, 2017 till April 30, 2017.
The results will be announced at AskPetersen.com, and the winners will be notified via email.
Who Can Participate?
Everyone! If you think you can write a great essay on any of the topics provided for this contest, feel free to submit an entry! This contest is international and it’s not limited by age.
How to Enter The Contest?
Write your essay and send it as an attached document via contact form below. The subject line of your message should be “AskPetersen Scholarship: YOUR TOPIC” (you name your chosen topic). Please, write your name in the body of this message.
Now you must be wondering: “who will judge this contest?”. Julie Petersen, yours truly, will evaluate the essays, choose the winners, and publish the papers on the AskPetersen blog. I have a solid base of experience in writing and reading essays, as well as in teaching writing classes and working as a private tutor.
By entering AskPetersen essay writing contest you automatically accept the terms and conditions of participation stated on this page and agree to judge’s final decision.
The winners of the 1th AskPetersen Scholarship:
The first place: Annie R. Remington, United States, “Are we too dependent on computers“
The second place: Flynn Honey, Australia, “Where do you see yourself in 10 years“
The third place: Haitam Brekelmans, Netherlands, “To what writer would you award a prize“
Can you write a brilliant essay that will impress me? I’m sure you can!
Go through the guidelines once again and feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I can’t wait to see what you have to offer. Don’t forget about the deadline and good luck to you all!
63 thoughts on “AskPetersen Scholarship: 2nd Essay Writing Contest (February 6 – April 30)”
Great opportunity! Thanks, Julie 🙂 I will definitely participate.
Samantha, good luck to you! 🙂
wow! this contest is mouth watering and brain teasing. am in for it. cheerie!
Rosemary, good luck!
I have just submitted my essay
Thanks for participation! You will get email notification soon.
Thanks for the mentorship. I particularly like the idea of keeping the essay less than 1,000 words. Keep it up
Joseph, thanks for comment!
This is a wonderful opportunity. I am very excited about it. Thank you.
Alyce, good luck!
Hello. I like to write essays, but there is a one problem – I study at russian training group and my essays all in russian. I can write an essay in russian first of all, and after that translate the essay into English. But my translation is not so brilliant! Can I write the essay without cool translation in English but perhaps with a good meaning? Hopefully, Shokhrukh.
Shokhrukh, thanks for your questions. Due to the contest requirements you need to write an essay in English. English writing skills is one of the criteria I’m going to use to determine the winner.
Hi, Julie!:) Thank you for the contest! This is a great opportunity to prove himself. I feel and hope for good luck!;)
Olga, you’re welcome to enjoy the contest!
how cool. help me please to fill in and submit an essay I can not figure out how to send
Ida, you need to fill in the form and attach file with your essay 🙂
I treasure the content on your website. Many thanks!|
Thank you so much for comment!
Superb, inspiring idea! Working on the essay 🙂
May the inspiration be with you 😉
This is going to be amazing! Great idea Julie, let’s embark on the essays now!
Thank you for comment 🙂
Hello Julie, thanks for the brilliant opportunity for those willing to enhance essay writing skills! Will do my best to produce an outstanding work! Best of luck, everyone!
Danara, thanks and good luck! 😉
Absolutely amazing! 🙂
Alexandra, I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it!
Many thanks, this site is really useful.
Hi, I’m curious about what “Don’t alternate the title” means? Does it mean I have to use the topic as the title of my essay? Thank you 🙂
Nathania, yes, that’s right 🙂
This is amazing and a great opportunity to many
I’m happy you’ve found it amazing!
Wow! What a great opportunity,will try my possible best to bring out something good and unique.
Good luck to you! 🙂
Please sir, I am a student from Nigeria. I feel the urge to ask about my eligible to apply for the competition. The idea behind the fear was because it seems, perhaps I could be wrong, that I am about the only Nigerian seeing this opportunity. I am very eager to participate but your reply I await.
Sylvester, you definitely can participate! Good luck 🙂
I stumbled upon this recently and God knows that I need one of these challenges to boost my writing skills. I was wondering whether our submitted essays could get a feedback from you. This wlll help me know what areas I need to work on.
Stella, unfortunately I won’t be able to provide each participant with personal feedback. But after the contest I will determine the most common essay mistakes participants make and write a guide on how to avoid these mistakes. Hope that it will be helpful for you!
Great. I will be part of this competition. It is an opportunity to test our writing competence, and improve it. Thanks Julie.
Wilfried, good luck! 😉
Hello! Is this contest free?
Vera, yes, it’s free.
I would like to participate in this Contest and I have the following question that i failed to find the answer to :
In what format the essay should be submitted ? Is PDF format OK ?
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Yes, PDF is fine. You can use doc, docx, txt formats as well. Good luck!
Absolutely composed content material, thank you for information. “Necessity is the mother of taking chances.” by Mark Twain.
Will this challenge occur again next year?
The next contest is coming soon. I don’t know the exact day though.
Excellent write-up. I absolutely appreciate this site. Keep writing!|
I found this 3 months too late sadly:( I really want to join. When is the next competition? I hope there would be more! I love this site and the purpose of this by the way:)
hey there I want to know as the topics will be same for the next competition as well
Thanks for the sensible critique. Me & my neighbor were just preparing to do some research on this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I am very glad to see such great information being shared freely out there.
Wow, stunning portal. Thnx ..
I conceive other website owners should take this website as an example , very clean and superb user friendly layout.
Hello there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this site.
Hi Juliet, so excited about this contest!! I am going to blow you away with my skillz!!1! you r so awesome for doing things like this. so excited!!!
How many essays are you allowed to enter? Is limited to one each or…?
Only 1 essay is allowed.
Hi – can I enter more than one essay?
Hello! You can send only 1 essay!
This is such a great scholarship opportunity! Thank you for giving the public such a wide range of topics to choose from!
I love how you have opened the contest to everyone! I also love the uniqueness of the essay writing contest. Thank you for giving me a chance to enter.
Thank you so much for the opportunity, I have a feeling that you are going to like mine. Have a great day!
Thank you for this great opportunity!