Any student enters a college with anticipation of a bright career and most students after entering a college feel their efforts are undermined due to lack of time. Even with over commitment and enthusiasm students fail to succeed in accomplishing tasks. The achievements of a student are interdependent on how he or she manages time and responses to every task assigned with proficiency. The shifting of thoughts to activities to results is a hectic exercise which needs to be conveniently mastered in order to emerge victorious from colleges.
Tips to manage time in College
Time management is about smartness but not the laborious nature of the student; therefore any student who cleverly manipulates time to her/his comfort can achieve more number of tasks within no time. The following tips will help improve time managing skills in college setup and ensures proper education to the student.
1. Avoidance of slothfulness. Idleness is the biggest vice in the college. A student of lying around without doing much can organize future plans or do something, which is beneficial for education or personal development. Moreover, the chances of remaining sluggish even when examinations are conducted can lead to devastating results.
2. Avoid Social platforms. Students are more inclined towards social platforms like Twitter and Facebook than the educational curriculum. It is not wrong to use such platforms, but one must avoid addictive usage, which drains away all the time distracting and disabling students to concentrate on studies.
3. Management of academic time. The main purpose of entering a college is to get graduated; therefore students need to realize the importance of education. High priority must be given to academic work and it can be planned comfortably with the following.
3.1. A list of weekly priorities – The initial responsibility of a student is to take care of the immediate tasks which are to be completed within a week. In order to remember them, students can write them on to-do lists, mark them in calendar or provide information to applications which remind every topic according to the time set.
3.2. Monthly Calendars – Noting down all the important dates in a month and working on primary objectives is possible by maintaining a monthly calendar. Furthermore, completing other tasks within the designated time scale becomes when students work according to the calendar.
3.3. Planning for the semester – Weekly and monthly estimations should be done by taking into consideration the next semester. Achievement of short term goals always compile to form huge amounts of acquired knowledge which becomes useful for the semester. It should include allotment of classes, estimated, committed and actual time for studying, importance given for personal time etc. It is very important to allot time for personal activities like eating, sleeping, personal works and praying.
4. Make a study plan. Every human being contains a specific time in which he gains maximum knowledge through rigorous concentration. Identify your peak period and plan the schedule surrounding it. Similarly, there are low periods which can be avoided or made useful by doing recreational stuff. By studying in time blocks optimal results are produced. For instance, study period of 60 minutes, followed by 15 minutes rest will ensure the knowledge gets imprinted in the mind for a long time. During the approach of semesters or other examinations, it is suggestible to read the difficult subjects before going to easy subjects. As the mind is relatively fresh and is able to concentrate more, even harder subjects are easily apprehended. However, there should be any negligence over health which could disrupt the entire schedule as well as the life of the student.
5. Revise each subject. Revision is ignored by many students, however research suggests that students who do revision are able to convey their ideas in a precise and comprehensive manner. This is because revision helps to clear out minute confusions that occur during regular study periods and makes it possible to memorize difficult content also.
6. Use essay writing services. If you’re ever in a bind and need extra help writing your essay, you can hire a custom essay writing service to either write your essay or help with editing and proofreading. But how can you know you’re picked the right one? After all, there are many scams out there. AskPetersen evaluates some of these sites so you can make sure to choose one you can trust.
7. Develop a hobby. This may seem inappropriate and time consuming, but by developing a hobby the mind will always be active and curious. In addition, a hobby can increase the concentration levels of the students while providing relaxation.
Always have a positive approach to life. It is important for a student to not get stressed out and worry about the Academia too much. He/she must be satisfied with the efforts and accept whatever position they are in. Progress is a long time process and would come eventually if there is enough hope and positivism towards the educational setup.
The productiveness will increase gradually and students must cling on with confidence to reach higher levels.Therefore, by adapting to simple techniques and remaining positive throughout the course will definitely make a student blossom in the college. Interestingly, time management will not become a barrier and one can find adequate time for other activities, partying, and involvement in artistic pleasures, being with friends, etc.